- 2 cups butternut squash peeled, cubed in 1″ pieces
- 1 pound dry Trottole or other pasta
- 2 cups shredded guyere
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano cheese
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup All Purpose flour
- 1 Tblsp for Baking Dish + 4 Tblsp for mixture – Oliva! Garlic Infused Olive Oil
- 1 Tblsp Oliva! Truffle Infused Olive Oil
- 1 large shallot finely minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Grease a 13″ x 9″ baking dish with garlic olive oil.
- Place the cut up butternut squash in a large pot of hot water and bring to a simmer. Simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until the squash is fork tender. Drain and set aside.
- Bring a large stock pot of salted water to a full boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- In a large stock pot, heat the garlic olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and saute for about 2 minutes until the shallots turn golden. Add the flour into the olive oil and whisk to blend thoroughly for about one minute, stirring constantly.
- Slowly pour the milk into the flour roux, whisking constantly. Add the cream and continue whisking until thickened, making a béchamel.
- Take 1 cup of the bechamel from the pot and add it to a blender or food processor with the butternut squash. Process until smooth. Add the butternut squash mixture back into the pot with the rest of the bechamel. And whisk to combine. Add all of the cheese to the bechamel, reserving 1 cup of guyere cheese. Stir to melt and combine. Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper if desired.
- Add the truffle oil, and the pasta. Mix well and pour into the prepared baking dish. Top with the reserved cheese, and bake for 25 minutes until the top is golden brown and the pasta bubbly.